Luke

Luke
Beautiful Smile

Clock

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!!!





It has been a happy thanksgiving indeed! We got to see Luke again today and had a great visit. He ran in the room and said in Russian "there's Mama!" He has had a cold and it is better now and he was more energtic today. My, my this little one has and appetite. He ate an apple, an orange, some toddler cookies, and some cherrios, and drank a jar of pumpkin-apple juice! We also brought some turkey flavored Russian ramen noodles and ate them dry with him, because there was nothing to cook them in.......if you get a chance crush up a bag of them and pour in the spices, then shake it up. Its funny no matter how you do it, it doesn't taste like Turkey. Who cares though because we were together on Thankgiving. God is Great!
He is such a sweet boy, always putting things back where they belong and stacking things up in neat piles. He would take two cookies out of the bag and give one to Papa before taking one for himself!
His favorite toys are shape sorters, a train and anything that makes music. He will turn one toy on and play with another and as soon as the music stops playing on the first toy he'll go back and turn it on again. When two of his teachers came in to ask if we had played enough, we sighed and said no, time just goes by too fast! They asked him if he wanted lunch and he said Da! (yes!) Baakaa (Bye) Mama, Baakaa Papa, Ya Tiba Lubu (I love you), Dos vyadonya (Goodbye!). We asked what he was going to have for lunch and their response was "fish soup" He really is a healthly eater they say.......what ever that means when you're eating fish head soup! We've decided he takes after his Papa.
We are headed to Dwayne and Kara's tonight for Turkey dinner and we are so happy to have friends to finish off our perfect Thanksgiving Day. The Platters will be there, as well as the Bergstroms who just got here on Tuesday. They brought me some more asthma medicine from home, I had brought extra, but not enough for an extra 3 weeks! What a blessing they are.
Enjoy the photos from today!

6 comments:

Jessica said...

Happy Thanksgiving Robbs! We are all gathered for a big turkey dinner. (who am I gonna call when I stop up the sink again???). I will gladly remake the entire meal when you all get home. Dad and Beckie are here and want you to know they are keeping you all in their prayers.
Love,
the Quints
ps- the girls will be sure to teach Luke to leave out all his toys and not to share XOXO

Anonymous said...

It is snowing in Minnesota and I sit here think of you looking out on the Mississippi River wishing I could be with you or at least get you three home. It is your beautiful journey that is getting me through this Season and we are all praying so hard. Mom, my sister and her family and my brother and his family will all be together today. We will be on line so they can all share this beautiful blog and extend our prayers to you. Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving see the 3 of you soon I just know it.

Your Very Loving Friend Kathy

Bruce, Natalie, and Jessie said...

Happy Thanksgiving to both of you and Luke. We had fun in Fayette and sure did miss you. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Come home soon with Luke in tow.
Bruce,Natalie, & Jessie Tom & Betty Lou

Rosemary said...

I am so happy you shared Thanksgiving with Luke! That is what gives this day special meaning. Just thinking about eating fish head soup makes me appreciate (even more!) a simple turkey dinner! It's cold in Columbia. Rob and I are getting ready to cheer the Tigers onto victory. Border war -- we're ready! Wish you were here. But glad you're with Luke. Love and Prayers to you! Rosemary

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you this morning as the sun comes up in Missouri. I believe that it's Luke's birthday. Happy birthday little man. What a wonderful gift.... a Mom and Dad. I am praying for you all each day and believe that God is watching over you. Wanted you to know that God has blessed our family by letting us keep my Dad on earth a little bit longer. No cancer.... the chemo worked! Each day is truly a gift. XOXO jan

Anonymous said...

My Dear Loving Friends and son Luke

You were in all of our prayers Thanksgiving and of course always.

I pray things continue to go well and soon the 3 or you will be back in beautiful Columbia with all your loving friends and family.

I do plan to make a trip there soon. What a beautiful child Like is, I know how happy Heather is for you. Oh how she loved you and wanted this to happen. My love and prayers to you always. Kathy Crea