Luke

Luke
Beautiful Smile

Clock

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Lost in Translation

Mark and I met with our court rep tonight, along with the other adoptive family, to discuss possible avenues with our court issues. It appears that she will resubmit our dossier on Friday with the new judge. We are praying this new judge (who has experience with international adoptions and is deemed to have been fair in the past) will accept our dossier and give us a new court date in early December, in which case we will stay here in Country. If the court date is not reset, or is in late December we may have to re-evaluate our travel plans. Will you all please pray with us for favor with the judge and a newly appointed court date so we can have cause to stay to bring Luke home?
I believe our fellow adoptive parents will travel home on Saturday as their dossier will not be available for resubmission until next Friday and they have already been here for 4 1/2 weeks. We went out for Sushi together and I had caviar for the first time, very tastey! Will you also pray with us for favor with the judge for the Platters and a new court date for them in early December, as well?
We also completed our medicals today, a huge relief to have that off our minds
We are so thankful that we serve a God that is in all the details, great and small. That He is going before us in all of these appointments and issues and working them all for His perfect will.
Thank you for the love and support.

15 comments:

Dan Simon said...

Keep your heads up and keep pressing forward. You are a testament to deed faith. Don't give up now. If you need to come home for a few weeks and go back, it would not be the worst thing in the world. We know everything will work out in His plan.

We love you very much.

Susan and Dan

Julie said...

You are amazingly strong and faithful! Remember that everyone here loves the three of you and is sending prayers to God that the remainder of your time in Russia goes smoothly. I have asked my Dad to pray for your family and can't wait till I can tell him that all three of you are home! What a happy day that is going to be! Love to you all, Julie

paparazzi said...

Annie and I want you to know that you are in our prayers. Trust in Him that everything will work out. Since Sutton is a little shy of the 8 week mark, giving his first round of vaccinations would be a little risky so we will not be in Fayette this weekend either. After just 6 weeks, we can tell you that children are such a Blessing and you will have Luke home soon. We look forward to coming up after the first of the year to meet him.

Josh and Liz said...

We're praying for you guys! Luke is beautiful! You can see how happy he is to be with you in all of his pictures, what a smile!

Deanna Woods said...

Mark & Danette,

Hopefully you will get a new court date and this judge will be much more reasonable. We're praying all things will turn out o.k. for you. Everyone I talk to, I ask for them to pray that you will be bringing Luke home with you when you come. Your faith will help you through these times and I know that the all these trials will bring you and Mark stronger has a couple. Just remember that the Lord will not put upon you more that you can stand. He is there walking beside you all the way. Love to all of you,

Mom & Dad

Anonymous said...

Pig Pee, mom called me today and told me the problems you were having. a child can touch your heart in ways that you think is not possible. i hope that these minor setbacks will make you a stronger and the best of parents. God has a plan for us and it will all work out just be patient. just remember if there is anything you two need please let me know.

Love,
Darren

Rosemary said...

Greetings Mark, Luke and Danette,
You are a beautiful family. I pray that our good, loving, generous Father will provide these same qualities in your new judge. Luke is blessed with all the love surrounding him. Love and prayers to you all,
Rosemary

Rosemary said...

I am just now accessing your blog. What a beautiful son you have!! I hope and pray that our good, loving, generous Father provides the same qualities in your new judge. All my prayers and love.
Rosemary
P.S. Danette, my precious mother-in-law died yesterday. Please pray for her also. Rob and I are so sad.

Dalene said...

You guys look very happy! I will say my prayers for you and your family and a safe return.

Good luck and best wishes,

Dalene

Mom & Dad Robb said...

Just another bump in the road. Last night we decided this is not a setback but an opportunity for us all. Our whole fa smily knows this has been God's design, so we will praise in the bad times and praise in the good. And--we will trust. Our prayers last night at church were for the new church and a miracle. You have come so far and been so faithful. Hang on. We cannot wait to greet our family of 3. Don't give up. We love you.Mom & Dad

Anonymous said...

Our prayers for you are that as God works His will out in your life He will be glorified and honored in you responses and reactions to what He is up to even though you cannot possibably understand what nor why He is doing this way. Hurry back to us (all three of you)!!

Judy Strodtman said...

Mark and Danette,

What a beautiful family the three of you make! My thoughts and prayers are with you. I still remember the little boy that used to pray for me. He is now grown up and God has blessed you Mark with a wonderful family, he will bring you all home together.
Love you, Judy Anne

Kelly & Matt said...

Hey guys,

First let me say I love you and we are continually praying for your specific requests.

We are riding this roller coaster of emotions with you and know it can only be the smallest degree compared to what you are going through.

God IS faithful! I heard this somewhere and like it: The will of God will never take you where the grace of God will not protect you.

Hang in there and continue to be the example you've been through this process. I wish there was more I/everyone at home could do for you. Matt and I have enlisted almost everyone we know at school, work and church to pray. I know you feel it.

Take care, we love you all.

Kelly

Kelly & Matt said...

Hey guys,

First let me say I love you and we are continually praying for your specific requests.

We are riding this roller coaster of emotions with you and know it can only be the smallest degree compared to what you are going through.

God IS faithful! I heard this somewhere and like it: The will of God will never take you where the grace of God will not protect you.

Hang in there and continue to be the example you've been through this process. I wish there was more I/everyone at home could do for you. Matt and I have enlisted almost everyone we know at school, work and church to pray. I know you feel it.

Take care, we love you all.

Kelly

The Tabor Family said...

Friends...It is 2 am our time. Don is out of town for work and I am up with a sick little Mick. He is a few months older than Luke and AGAIN you inspired me. I was so tired and frustated, but then I read your blog. You are amazing. Your son has clearly bonded with you. I can't stop the tears as I read your word and mostly look at the pictures. How wonderful is this...that God choose you. God new that you had the love and PATIENCE to go get your boy. Every day...always, your family will be in my prayers. I hope you know how special you are. What a lucky, lucky little boy. And a clearly very happy MaMa and PaPa. Such a blessing. Thanks for what you are doing, without even knowing to make me a better Mother.
With lots of love and prayers, Peggy,