We had an amazing visit with Luke today. When he walked in the door he ran right to me and yelled MAMA and threw his arms around me, it was the most precious moment of my life. We spent about 2 1/2 hours visiting him and we played and played! He chatters about in Russian and we run behind him trying to keep up! He will repeat words in English if I point things out and say them. He picked up the digital camera at one point and when I tried to take it back he walked to Mark and said PAPA! He's already working the system! Being called Mama and Papa is certainly music to our ears. When we left he gave us big hugs, and when prompted by his care giver he said Ya tiba lublu!(I love you) and Dos vayadonya (good bye) Mama, dos vayadonya Papa.
Our orphanage director presented us with some 8 photos of Luke over the past year, what a gift! She also showed us his Christening certificate and a cross on a string that he will get when we pick him up, boy did I cry on that one! She asked us after or visit if everything was ok, and we said DA, DA, DA (Yes, yes, yes!). She invited us back to visit on Saturday, which is a rare invitation and we happily accepted.
We came back to Chely around 3:30 and had our chest x-rays, another special treat.
We'll post more tomorrow after our visit with Luke.
Love to you all.
5 comments:
Oh the joy your faces show. I am so happy for you and Luke. He is adorable. He isn't as big as I had imagined. The bonding has started. God is right there holding each of you. How awesome is that? Love to all of you. Gloria
Hallelujah! Isaac saw the picture of Luke and asked if he could put on his shoes and go see him and wrestle with him. Love from Rachael, Paxton, Isaac and Kehra
We're all glued to the computer screen ... watching the Robb news from across the world. The photos are just precious and brought tears to our eyes. Praying for a safe journey home with your son and NO MORE paperwork !!!
Love always,
Jan and CBW gang
Oh Danette, I am bursting with you joy for you right now. To hear Mama and Papa must have made you feel you were in Heaven! God loves you!
Rosemary
Hi Mark and Danette:
How are the Robb's! After looking at the message I sent you yesterday, I decided I was to tired to even make since. Anyway we did not have Internet at the hotel, so Moe would call Angelia and have her read your blog each day. We had prayer at church today for you three. After church I talked to Pastor Bonnie and brought her up todate on all the huddle's you guy's have had to jump. Mark and Danette, you are a true example of what faith, hope and love are all about.
We love the three of you,
Post a Comment