While we are waiting for our court time at 2pm today we think about and rely on passages from scipture. Here are some we are strengthened by if you all want to read them along with us.
1 Peter 5:6-10
Phillipans 4:6-7
No matter what the out come of our court appearance today we KNOW it is God's will, and we praise Him for it.
We realized a long time ago this was not just about our family but this jorney has been about many other Christians growing in their faith thru watching these trials and tribulations. We can not thank you enough for your kind words and your prayers. They have meant a lot to us over the last 3 years. I hope in the end, no matter the outcome you all will continue your walk with the Lord and grow everyday. Remeber today is His will and there is a reason why we are here and you are following this so intently. I wish I could say it is because of the desires of our heart that brought us here but more and more we realize we had nothing to do with this. We are used as an arrow from His quiver to deliver His message. Even though this path has been very trying, it has been nothing short of miraculous in our lives and we cannot begin to thank the Lord enough for this window of opportinity we have been granted to glorify His name. While going thru this I am reminded of a a phrase our Jewish friend told us once......" Lord This is Enough" meaning if the outcome is not as we desire then Lord this has been enough. It was enough to lead us out of Egypt, it was enough to part the Red Sea and if nothing else is done, this has been enough to sustain our trust in the Lord. Even though our traditional Jewish friend and us have two different beliefs, I still like that phrase and I think about it often.......Oh and by the way Dan, Jesus lives....I tought you would like that!
2 comments:
Have you seen the movie "Facing the Giants"? It fits right in with this theme- "even if"
Thank you for your witness. Can't wait to put you guys, all of you- including Luke, on our prayer list on the AWAA chat site for having your child home!!
Praying for you!!
In Him,
Debbie Swingle
OH MY GOSH!
Your comments just blessed my heart! I wish you could have heard Pastor Ron's sermon at Unity Baptist in Fayette yesterday. It was on Facing the Fire and why Born Again believers do face the fire. (I've ordered the CD of it if you would like to hear).
Of course your situation has reached the hearts and ears of so many. If no other thing has happened, the prayer life of each has been expanded - which means (of course) that they rested in Jesus' arms for a while when they were beseaching our Lord for favor for this adoption process.
You are in our hearts and in our prayers!
Post a Comment